Saturday, September 27, 2008

Final Products




I thought that the Maple Pecan mix was going to be a lot lighter in texture. It is like a quick bread. Hmmm . . . maybe that is why it said quick bread on the package! The recipe for the icing to put between the acorns is flavored with the Maple Pecan spread - now in just tasting it straight out of the jar I don't have many encouraging words, but when you add butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, milk well then it was really sweet and yummy but then again what isn't good with butter & sugar. It says on the jar that you can put it on pancakes or waffles but I am just not too sure of that. I just used a vanilla glaze on the punkins and they were yummy. I had to cut quite a bit off the tops of both the muffins and the acorns to create the flat bottoms. I want to try a spice cake next time. By the way there is a really cute loaf pan at WS in the shape of a garden full of punkins!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Totally cute mom! Was the garden full of pumpkins a hint for your birthday??

The Robin Family said...

I love the little acorns. You have to make those for Bunco. Everyone can pop them in their mouths as appetizers. I am saying appetizers because I hope you make your yummy cupcakes for dessert.

I'm going to check out the pumpkin pan. That would be cute for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Erin Ramsey said...

Adorable! We found a Williams Sonoma outlet in our many travel adventures lately!

The Robin Family said...

Carol can I see a picture of this hospital gown when your finished?

Angie said...

Are you practicing for Bunco?? I hope so, those little acorns look scrumptious!