Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sewing Class 101

This February Claire invited me to join a sewing class through Capo School District. I thought well I might get some gifts made for the holidays if I was forced to spend each Monday from 5-8 p.m. sewing. So I asked her to sign me up! Well, sadly the class was cancelled due to lack of interest and Claire came up with an alternate plan! I am teaching these ladies how to sew! First let me say that 3 of these lovely ladies are Elementary School Teachers with whom I work with and the other is my sister Patti. I don't teach, never have, never wanted to, don't have the patience they do to handle 30 some children in a classroom setting preparing them for the years ahead! But they convinced me and off we were. Now instead of them having patience with their students, they have to have patience with me in trying to teach! We are having so much fun and I truly feel as though I am able to give something of myself that I treasure and that is the art of sewing. We have made several projects pillow cases, crayon rolls, shopping totes, aprons, pin cushions and each one has a special project that they are working on in addition to a class project each week. They are so talented and are so willing to learn. I must say that I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to share with each of them. I will be sharing pictures of our projects on my blog so stay tuned and see what these creative ladies come up with!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather said...

Carol! I want to join your sewing club! I got a sewing machine for Xmas but it's still in the box!